How to use
How to Safely Put On and Remove Face Masks
- Clean/sanitize your hands before putting on a mask and after touching it.
- Place the mask on your face and pull the straps behind your ears.
- Expand the mask so that it covers your mouth, nose and chin. It should be loose enough to allow you to breathe but still secure enough to stay in place.
- Make sure you can talk easily and that the mask doesn’t irritate you, so you are not tempted to touch it or pull it out of place, which would reduce its effectiveness.
- If you touch the front of the mask, immediately sanitize your hands.
- To remove your used mask, hold only the ear loops/straps.
- Dispose of the mask responsibly, or wash it if it’s a reusable face covering.
Tips for using surgical masks:
- Surgical masks must be worn with the blue side facing out.
- Pinch the metal edge of the mask so it presses gently on your nose bridge.
- Crossing the ear loops to create a circle for your ears to go in may help the mask fit better and decrease fogging for those who wear glasses.